SHOW YOUR PROACTIVITY and encourage your employees to protect themselves and their colleagues.
More and more companies are asking their employees to come back to the office as health measures against COVID-19 are being relaxed. At the same time, a survey conducted by Lysol Pro last March shows that 32% of employees rate as “excellent” the measures that employers are taking to protect them from the spread of illness-causing germs.
Other key takeaways from the survey include:
• 43% believe their office’s hygiene protocols could be better enforced
• 29% still feel pressure from their boss to come into the office when sick
• 87% feel anxiety about having a physical meeting in a confined space such as a conference room
• 29% avoid communal areas altogether
• 56% want their employer to provide disinfectant sprays and wipes at work, but only 40% say that they are.
Here are some simple and inexpensive steps your company can take to protect your employees and encourage them to protect others:
• Have spray bottles with disinfectant, disinfectant wipes or hand sanitizers on individual desks;
• Install spray bottles with wipes in common areas, such as conference rooms and lunch areas, and encourage employees to use them to disinfect the space they were in before leaving;
• Set up hand sanitizers at the entrance of your office or between areas of your work environment;
• Remind your employees of the 8 critical moments that increase the risk of infection in a workplace and teach them preventive actions;
• Post signage reminding employees to wash their hands and how to do it properly;
• Add or increase disinfection tasks to your commercial cleaning and disinfection program.