Professional Carpet Cleaning Can Get Your Carpets Looking New
“Grab the vacuum.”
At first glance, a vacuum cleaner can definitely make your office carpet look clean, however, a closer look reveals otherwise. Just a few millimeters below the surface lurks not only dust and dirt – but also a host of microorganisms. When your carpet has been worn down and trampled under hundreds of feet, what you need is professional carpet cleaning to make it look new again.
A professional approach to carpet cleaning consists of two methods: light surface cleaning and deep cleaning. The latter requires more work, but offers excellent results and improved appearance. Let’s dive deeper into each of these cleaning methods:
Light Surface Cleaning:
Light surface cleaning is a collective term given to several different carpet cleaning methods. Here are some of the most common methods:
- Absorbent Powder: A special solvent that absorbs dust and dirt is sprinkled onto the carpet’s surface. After it has sat for some time, the solvent is removed using a vacuum cleaner.
- Bonnet Cleaning: A bonnet is attached to a buffering machine and dipped into a cleaning solution. The carpet is then cleaned with the buffering machine until the bonnet absorbs all of the dust and dirt.
- Dry Cleaning: A quick-drying cleaning solution is used to remove the dust, dirt and microorganisms.
- Dry Foam: A dry foam that acts like shampoo is used to disinfect the carpet using a cleaning machine. The residue is then removed by a vacuum cleaner.
- Wet Shampooing: First, the carpet is washed with shampoo using a buffer that is equipped with rotary discs. Then, it’s rinsed with water and the remaining residue is removed with a vacuum cleaner. This method takes several hours to dry.
Light surface cleaning is great for washing the upper layer of your carpet. But to clean the carpet thoroughly from top to bottom so that it looks new, you need to use a deep cleaning method. One such method is hot water extraction. This is also referred to as steam cleaning, although no steam is actually used. This is the safest and the most effective professional carpet cleaning method.
In this method, the carpet is exposed to a jet that expels a highly pressurized, hot water cleaning solution that is immediately vacuumed out into a recovery tank. The process is continued until all of the dust, dirt and microorganisms are eliminated. Most professional carpet cleaners use a truck-mounted system that is self-contained to provide hotter water and higher pressure for the deep cleaning you need.
Deep cleaning is the only professional carpet cleaning method that consistently leaves your carpet free of dust, dirt, stains and germs. Getting your carpet cleaned once a year leaves your carpet looking fresh, extends its life and improves the overall appearance of your office.
carpet cleaning, cleaning, cleaning equipment, cleaning service company, office cleaning, professional carpet cleaning, techniques